Subject: RE: [Leica] A Land Without Lawyers
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:18:53 -0500

Ain't THAT the truth! There are a whole lot more lawyers defending sweat
shop owners, and working to overturn the various laws designed to protect us
from unsafe drugs and rotten food than there are lawyers trying to protect
us.

Please, get real. Certainly we need lawyers. And certainly many lawyers do
many good things. But let's skip the Alice In Wonderland stuff and remember
that the pure food and drug act, and most of the important labor legislation
came about because of the efforts of citizen reformers and crusading
journalists, NOT lawyers - who were the hired guns attempting to block those
reforms.

B. D.