Subject: [Leica] Re: Water as a stopbath
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:05:01 -0500

At 5:49 PM -0800 3/25/02, Bill Satterfield wrote:
>  I may try the water as a stop. Will one fill of the tank do it
>and for how long.  I assume water will not work on prints.

- --
I fill my tank twice, but I don't know if that's really necessary.
For the last year or so I've been using Photographers Formulary
Archival Fixer for prints--they recommend the use of water rather
than an acid stopbath--works fine for me. BTW, this fixer is
virtually odorless. When I also eliminated acetic acid, my wife's
complaints the bad smell on my printing sessions ended.

Bob Marvin