Subject: Re: [Leica] Focomat colour exposure changes
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:04:48 +0000

on 26/3/2002 1:49 am, Neil Cotty at owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
wrote:

> In "Leica Darkroom Practice" there is the following table for Multigrade II.
> How this affects IV I don't know, because the filter values listed here are
> different than what Ilford lists on it's sheet. But FWIW here are the
> values. I'm in the same boat as you btw. I'm doing test strips to work it
> out, starting with white light base. Feel free to Email me off list if you
> want to chat!
>
> Gradation,Filter(Y,M,C),Filter Factor
> 0.0,(120,0,0),3.0
> 0.5,(90,0,0),2.5
> 1.0,(60,0,0),2.0
> 1.5,(40,0,0),1.7
> 2.0,(30,0,0),1.6
> 2.5,(15,0,0),1.2
> 3.0,(0,0,0),1.0
> 3.5,(0,15,0),1.3
> 4.0,(0,30,0),1.7
> 4.5,(0,90,0),2.0
> 5.0,(0,200,0),3.0
>
> Hope that helps. Maybe best to ask Ilford how this related to IV. It seems
> most of the discussion on the list is Digital printing these days... ;) Hook
> cast, line set.. <G> lol

Hi Neil and Neil!

The Multigrade IV settings you require are listed in tables 4 and 5 of the
instructions that come in every box of MGIV paper.

Table 4 gives single filtration values (shorter exposure) while Table 5
gives combination values to enable you to change more easily from grade to
grade without re-testing. Rather interestingly Ilford includes the Focomat
specifically in Table 5 but it is excluded from the single filter value
table.

Here goes
Leitz Focomat V35 with Multigrade IV

Grade