Subject: Re: [Leica] dogs and kids
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:01:51 -0800

on 3/24/02 1:37 PM, Jason Vicinanza at jv@futurafish.com wrote:

> Sure its off topic, just like the on going discussion of Scotch, but
> that's another thread. All the same its an interesting discussion. Sure
> im no expert when it comes to our furry fiends, there isn't much room
> for such things in central London, however im sure that its not possible
> to have 'completely unflappable and kidproof' animals. Animals are
> animals and regardless of their domestication they must still have
> animal instincts?

Animals understand the concept of 'family', and humans also have animal
instincts.  In general I don't consider either animals or humans to be
completely unflappable and kidproof but either can learn to trust and to be
trusted, and it's a rare animal that seeks revenge or exhibits vindictive
behavior.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com