Subject: [Leica] I went shooting today
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:44:44 -0800

My buddy and I were going to go out together and shoot.  I ran into a time
bind, and decided to go my separate time and way.  I was supposed to be
shooting 4x5, but decided to have some fun.. I took the M6 and 15, 3E,
35/1.4 ASPH, and 90AA with me.  The best lenses I have.

The park is quite rural ( you must take this with the proverbial grain, as I
live 20 miles from LA).  Nice trees, quiet,  a small stream.  Really
relaxing.  But the lack of rainfall has cause the area to act funny....
Cherry blossoms and brown ( as in no water brown) grass.

First, I was overloaded.  I was busy changing lenses too often.  Lesson #1..
travel light.
Second: in Spring, it is sometimes a good idea to carry AND USE Color film.
TMX100 is my favorite, but the cherry tree is going to look pale.  I am
still carrying my Fuji color print film.... un-exposed.
Third: The M6 is a spot meter.  I only screwed this up once.... did a
reading and set the camera, then realized I should be spot metering and
averaging in my head....   Is that AE  M7 out yet?
Fourth: I like fast glass.    I was shooting in the dark shadows at very low
speeds, like 1/8 of a second with the 3E.
Fifth: the 15 is a specialized lens.... I need to both use it more often,
and to leave it home more.  It does not work too well in the park
environment.
Fifth: I had a lot of fun....  Negs are drying now.... will see what I
get.....

Think I will get my scanner working again.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net