Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital darkroom - when isn't it photography?
From: Pete Su <psu@kvdpsu.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:46:21 -0500

Jim Brick said:
>  Once in Photoshop, well, the urge is there and 99% of the time, the
> print you are printing has been modified to where it is not
> representative of the original scene.

Why come to this conclusion outright? I think there are a lot of people
doing digital "art" or whatever that fit this profile (Capronigo comes
to mind), but I think 99% of the people just doing digital printing are
just using Photoshop to do the same things you do in the darkroom
(masking, balancing light, contrast control, a bit of sharpening).

Pete