Subject: [Leica] Digital Adventure
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:54:17 -0800

Last week I purchased a digital camera, an Olympus E-10. After hours of
formatting, adjusting, cursing, readjusting, and several helpings of  dago
red, I can say that I am very impressed with the results.

I believe all that has been written about digital shortcomings, from
resolution to storage to power consumption. But I have to believe what I see
as well. I made a 8x11 print of a potted plant and the results are
astounding.

I recorded it in TIFF mode and printed it on an Epson 2000P (Tetenal luster
paper). The sharpness and detail could easily be mistaken for Leica quality.
The colors, tone, and contrast very faithful to the original. I would
challange anyone to recognize it as a digital photo/print. and this was only
the second digital print I have ever made, the first being too light due to
an uncalibrated monitor.

Fovion marches on, Canon has just introduced the D60 (6 megapixels, $2,000
street) to replace the D30. If the Fovion chip delivers what it promoses, my
next digital camera will replace my 35mm arsenal.

Joe Codispoti