Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop playing
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:26:49 -0800

Matthew Powell wrote:

> > Here's a brazen crossover duotone
> > http://www.markrabiner.com/ImagePages/BrazenBean.html
> > but i go way for from there:
> > i have textures I've used.
> > What the hell!
>
> Hmmm... did you scan a print, or are the sloppy borders a Photoshop filter?
> I use a filed negative carrier sparingly in the darkroom, but it would be
> kind of fun to have a set for Photoshop.
>
> --
That was a scan from a print, not faked borders.
I love scanning prints. Wish i could scan my 11x14's!
But I may now switch agoing my default print size as I'm now into having
prints in my camera bag.
An 083 Domke or a Crumpler.

Not that I'm beneath lifting the borders from this print and putting
them on a one i scanned from the neg.

Sometimes I'll crop a print to a square and then put a Hasselblad border
on it which has some distinctive characteristics.
Who I'd show it to i don't know.
Contemptuous certainly.
I just have fun in the visual realm.
I have faith in my instincts to not do something immoral in a deep sense.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Photoshop playing)