Subject: Re: [Leica] Microtek Scanners
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:48:18 -0800

Bill Grimwood wrote:

> I owned a Microtek X6 scanner and if Microtek gave me their best scanner and
> a million dollars I would give them the million dollars back and throw the
> scanner in the garbage can.  I could get no service from them and the only
> way I could get their attention was to write a letter, sent via certified
> mail addressed to the Head Idiot.  When they called their tech could not get
> the scanner to work either so I tossed it into the garbage can and chalked
> it up to education.  I will not give away something that does not work.
>
> Bill Grimwood

Bill I think Umax or Epson are the way to fly!

I just got some material from Epson to make my mouth water.
But my Umax keeps doing the job. I'd like to get some other film holders
for it.
	At 1200 dpi. 42 bit.
I've got the Umax PowerLook III.

Apparently when it breaks they give you another one while its being
fixed.
It's never broke.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA