Subject: Re: [Leica] John's PAW 9-11
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 06:52:25 -0800

Good morning Don.
See, we learn something every day if we are lucky. I was not aware that
they ever flew a missile out of a silo anywhere else than one coast or the
other! We often kid around here about the risk and liability of a booster
going wrong and comeing in down in LA, but in Chicago or Saint Louis - I
had no idea. Why is the image framed so loosely you ask? (Week 11
http://home.earthlink.net/~johnbohner/analog/paw/2002-11.htm)  If you mean
why is the man so small and surrounded by so much junk, then its sort of
what I wanted.  I had a strong sense of a man who had looked for a place to
eat alone, to be free of the crowd and if that meant eating in a run-down
alley they so be it.  I also like the overhanging weight of the balcony,
the oppressiveness of the situation, yet here is this guy turning it into a
refuge.  If thats not in the photo for you, then I have not done my job for
you.  I know I would have loved to have gotten it sharper and if he hung
around I could have done more if I had entered the alley but that felt too
intrusive.  I guess I need to get hard to be a better street photographer.
To much yet of trying to protect those endangered species.  Thanks for
looking and thanks for the comments Don.

Happy shooting
John Bohner

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] John's PAW 9-11)