Subject: [Leica] John's PAW 9-11
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:00:56 -0800

I've been shooting more and posting less but I am getting caught up finally.
Weeks 9,10 and 11 are now up.
Week 9 is no great image but I was shooting! My son in the 800 meter track
event.
Week 10 is sure to stir some opinions.  Seen from Los Angeles we have the
sunset illumination of the exhaust plume of a Minute Man III ICBM launched
from Vandenberg Air Force Base.  The launch was a test of the National
Missile Defense Program and was proclaimed a success. When the missile goes
up it leaves a very visible trail which remains sunlit well after dusk on
the ground.  As upper atmosphere winds twist the trail to what you get  in
the image.  I doubt many people outside of southern California have every
seen such a thing and so its posted here more as reportage than art. The
first time I saw one of these I was reminded of a Hopi Indian prophecy to
the effect that in the days before purification there will be spiderwebs in
the sky. Hmmmmm
Week 11 is a product of the LA LUG tour of Chinatown.  I would have killed
for time to move to a wider angle lens but when the man saw us he got up
and left. The images can be found at:
Week 9   http://home.earthlink.net/~johnbohner/analog/paw/2002-9.htm
Week 10  http://home.earthlink.net/~johnbohner/analog/paw/2002-10.htm
Week 11  http://home.earthlink.net/~johnbohner/analog/paw/2002-11.htm
index at, you guessed it.
http://home.earthlink.net/~johnbohner/analog/paw/index.htm
Comments good or bad welcome on or off list.  I follow the digest.

Happy shooting
John Bohner
johnbohner@earthlink.net
ps anyone seen or used the new 21-35 R zoom yet?

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] John's PAW 9-11)