Subject: [Leica] Re: XRAY
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:40:13 -0800

At 08:25 PM 3/20/2002 -0500, Tina Manley wrote:

>The Great Yellow Father (Kodak) says that it
>won't;  http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tib/tib5201.shtml
>
>Do you know something different?  Don't tell me I'm going to have to ask
>to have my Compact Flash cards passed around the x-ray machines!!
>
>US Mail sterilization procedures will fry digital, too!   Kodak says all
>imaging material must be shipped by a company that does not use the US
>Postal service.
>
>Tina Manley, ASMP
>http://www.tinamanley.com
>images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com

Tina is correct.

Go to http://www.compactflash.org/ and click on the headline "risk of
irradiation" and read the PDF. It states that irradiation will fry CF but
airport scanners will NOT damage compact flash devices.

The Jan/Feb ASMP Bulletin page 14 says the same.

http://www.compactflash.org/ is the Compact Flash Association. They are the
that know.

Jim

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] XRAY)