Subject: Re: [Leica] Photographing x-ray film - how to?
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:20:06 -0800

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 12:13 PM 3/20/02 -0800, you wrote:
>> This Saturday I will be photographing various x-ray sheets for a client on
>> Agfa Scala 200 b&w slide film with my Leica R8 and appropriate lenses. The
>> x-ray sheets will be lit via a standard x-ray viewbox. Since the light will
>> be emitted from behind the film, incident readings are impossible. Thus,
>> having to use reflected readings, I must be assured of perfect exposures and
>> am not certain how. Can anyone herein provide suggestions as to obtaining
>> correct metering? Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Terry
>

> Terry -
>
> This should be similar to making dupes with my R8 and the Beseler slide
> duplicator.  I just use the averaging meter (not spot) in the R8 and they
> come out perfectly.  With Scala and x-ray you won't have to worry about
> balancing color.  Just trust the R8 meter and it should be fine.
>
> Tina
>

> Tina Manley, ASMP
> http://www.tinamanley.com
> images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com
>

> --

One more time Tina is absolutely right.
Just follow what your meter in the R8 says, religiously.
You can do some bracketing 'cause Scala not always behaves as it should to
be. I'd underexpose a little bit.
And assuming that light source is some kind of fluorescent light I'd maybe
use some filter to enhance contrast depending on the fluorescent tubes
color.

- --
Pablo Kolodny
www.pablokolodny.com