Subject: [Leica] Re: R4 manual
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:17:07 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all the information.
My R4 does not display the shutter speed on the bottom
of the viewfinder. The serial # of my R4 is 1569989,
maybe they changed it on other R4s.
I also find in "manual" mode, the shutter speed is not
coupled with the meter at all. The electronic metering
lites up the correct exposure on the right, but
turning the shutter speed dial does not integrate with
this metering whatsoever, hence I have to take my eyes
off the viewfinder, adjust the shutter speed based on
the correct exposure displayed by the metering, then
frame and shoot. The aperture is linked with the
metering, but that's another different function.