Subject: Re: [Leica] David Bailey -- a dissenting voice
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:14:11 -0800

One of the best.
Breaking from the pack, any pack, is an incredible feat.
After looking at the book that I had mentioned earlier, I still find his
work edgy and contemporary.
The work is far from dated.
After looking at it the previous Friday, Saturday,  Monday and today, I
feel like I've taken a mental tonic.
The role of simplicity in the images, when the era was moribund by the
stifling traditionalism of the studio photographers, is just stunning.
Simplicity is incredibly arduous in execution.
Slobodan Dimitrov