Subject: Re: [Leica] 180/4 lens quality
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:46:50 -0800 (PST)

Aram Langhans wrote:

<snip> . . . Does anyone have experience with this lens?  Is it as good
as the sales person says?  I am sure an APO is better, but the size is
a factor. . . <snip>

Aram,

I used to have a 180/4 Elmar-R lens that I used for portraits and
safari park animal pictures. I got some of my best pictures with that
lens: excellent contrast, colours and resolution, even wide open. It's
economical, compact and amazingly light and it has a built-in
retractable shade. I'd recommend it without hesitation.

Regards,

=====
Ray