Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica M6 Leica Sales Where you live
From: Gordon Brown <gordon.r.brown@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:04:39 -0700

Colorado stores I've visited:

In Boulder:

Mike's Camera at Folsom and Pearl has a Leica display case behind the
counter with an M6 and three lenses. Haven't seen any used lenses.
Occasional Leica days. The store caters to the mass market, competing with
Wolf and Ritz. I haven't visited the other Mike's stores in Denver and Lone
Tree. I asked for an R lens cap and was told by an apathetic salesman: "We
don't carry those."

Jones Drug across from the University of Colorado campus has an M6 and two
lenses. I asked for an R lens cap. The young, enthusiastic salesman said:
"I don't know if we can order those."

In Denver:

Mile Hi Camera (formerly Werner's Mile Hi Camera) in downtown Denver has
several M6 bodies, one R8, and new lenses.  Several used bodies and lenses
were in the display case. The prices seemed high: e.g., $900 for a chrome
SL body. The book department has several books, Hove reprints, and many
issues of Leica Fotografie. Occasional Leica days.

Colorado Pro Photo just north of Alameda on Cherokee has been open for
about two years. The store had M6 and R8 bodies when I was there about 18
months ago. Occasional Leica days.

In Englewood:

S&S Optika in a strip mall at 5174 South Broadway has both new and used M
and R Leica equipment, binoculars, and spotting scopes. Prices on used
equipment appear rational. Kathy, the owner, takes equipment on
consignment. I asked on the telephone about a Leica R lens cap. She mailed
me one that afternoon.  The store has some Leica books. Occasional Leica
days. S&S has rental darkrooms. The store does a huge telescope business.

If anyone has questions, I'll be glad to respond.

Regards,

Gordon R. Brown
Boulder, Colorado