Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica M6 Leica Sales Where you live
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:20:03 -0800 (PST)

- --- Jim Shulman <garcia@chesco.com> wrote:
   <SNIP>
> Prices for all of these items on the stiff side, based on
> what similar
> equipment has been fetching lately on you-know-where.
    I see more reason than ever to believe that a few
dealers are putting items on exxx and having other dealers
or a dummy account buy them to "make a market".  I see at
least one store posting items with what I feel is an
unrealistic "first bid" or "starting bid" in hope of doing
the same thing.
    I have not been to a camera flea market for many years.
 I was disgusted with those buying to ship to Japan, as
well as others selling to other dealers at prices at least
2/3 lower than they would offer me.
    KEH made a fortune doing this sort of thing.