Subject: [Leica] The Spring Solistice Egg Balancing Challenge.
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:12:35 -0500

LUGers and RUGers:

Are you bored?

Time on your hands with nothing to do tomorrow afternoon (EST)?

Looking for new and different "Picture of the Week" ideas but were not
up to Kyle's "Peanut Butter" challenge?

Well, Spring will arrive tomorrow at 2:16 P.M. EST - 19:16 GMT.

As you may know, that time, in the very few minutes around the Solstice,
is the only time of the year in which it is possible to balance an
uncooked egg on its end.

I know... I've been told before that one can balance an egg anytime of
the year, but those folks have never been able to actually do it!

When I first heard of this phenomenon in 1988 I didn't believe the
story.

But, on the appointed "hour," which that year was early in the AM, I got
up and finally managed to balance three eggs several minutes after the
time which had been broadcast in the media.

http://www.hemenway.com/eggs.jpg

It felt as though I was in the "Twilight Zone" and I couldn't balance
anymore eggs after that until the following year.

So, are any of you up to the challenge?

You have to use a Leica or a Rollei to document your success!

Jim

http://www.hemenway.com

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] The Spring Solistice Egg Balancing Challenge.)
Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> ([Leica] Google Search Egg Balancing)