Subject: RE: [Leica] OT Wandering: Aristocracy of the Physically Fit
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:30:03 -0800

B.D. Ranted:
Damn, but this list is turning into Literalist World!;-)

I did NOT state that what you would call 'small to moderate' levels of
biking "cause" anything...All I did was tell what I obviously mistakenly
thought was the slightly amusing little tale of what happened when I finally
gave in to all the exercise Stalinists, gave up my addiction to the couch,
and began exercising. I'm really not such a moron that after 17 years of
writing about medical research and health care delivery I don't know the
difference between temporal and causal relationships. ;-)

HOWEVER - I have no doubt what so ever that the asthma problems are at least
partially related to my breathing in, and breathing deeply, far far greater
levels of urban pollution than I had ever before subjected my lungs to.

But that aside, I really enjoyed the biking, and hope to return to it one of
these days.
**********************************

Damn! Forgot those little smiley faces again! Don't know how that happened.
;-)

Speaking of bikes and Leicas (a natural combination), maybe we could
organize a LUG-Bike gathering sometime. I was thinking it would be great fun
to bike around the perimeter of Iceland. I believe it is something like 800
miles +/-, so it shouldn't take much more than 10 days or so. The scenery
looks spectacular, so there should be plenty of photo ops. I suggested it to
the wife, but she thought I'd have more fun if I went alone or with a few
lug buddies. If anyone is interested let me know.

Tom Finnegan
'have Leica, will pedal'