Subject: Re: [Leica] I just like the Macs better.
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:26:11 -0800

At 03:59 PM 3/14/02 -0800, Rei wrote:
>p.s. FYI, most "computer people"--particularly those in I.T.--are morons.

Actually, Rei, we're not morons.  It's just that most of us have bosses who
come from Finance and Administration, and have not the faintest idea what
we do.  They spend their time figuring out increasingly diabolical and
time-wasting ways to make us quantify our every move. Then they change it
around so that it doesn't work.  This creates problems they can "solve" by
making us yet more miserable.  This makes us *look* like morons, and the
resulting cognitive dissonance often leads to cynicism, antisocial
behavior, poor grooming, and excess consumption of pizza and root beer.

Fortunately, my current boss is nothing like this. I took a picture of him
with my Leica and a 25/4 Skopar last year (thereby cleverly making this
digression on-topic).

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA