Subject: Re: [Leica] 135/3.4 APO Telyt vs 135/2.8 Elmarit
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:48:17 EST

In a message dated 3/14/02 5:56:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, ned@kajabbi.com
writes:

> If you are going to use
>  the lens EVERYDAY all day long, buy the new one. If it will be used
> occasionally,
>  as most of us use the 135MM focal length, buy the elmarit, save the
> difference
>  toward your next lens purchase.

Second the motion. Haven't used the new APO-Telyt but from everything I hear,
it is an absolutely marvelous lens. The 135/2,8 Elmarit is an excellent lens,
difference to be noted with big projection or enlargements. It is bulky. The
135/4 Tele-Elmar is an outstanding lens, close to the APO except wide-open.
The problem I had with this lens was accuracy of focus, no longer a problem
with the new VF magnifier (or a .85).

I sold both because I found that I use the 135 focal length almost not at all
on M-cameras.

Seth            LaK 9

Replies: Reply from "Don" <don.ro@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] 135/3.4 APO Telyt vs 135/2.8 Elmarit)