Subject: Re: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:18:21 -0500

On 3/13/02 4:33 PM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

> I claim expertise in this area.
>
> I'm typing this message on a Macintosh G4.

[SNIP]

> What I discovered is that Mac OS X is the sweetest, most reliable, cleanest,
> nicest client operating system imaginable.

<HOMER VOICE>

Yesss! Woohoo! We win! In your face, losers!

</HOMER VOICE>

It took me one day to fall in love with OS X. It just plain WORKS like it
should. And you know it's just going to get better.

(Actually there is one networking bug in the current release but hey... Okay
if you really want to know, it waits for the external DNS servers to time
out when trying to connect to a filesharing server on the LAN even if it has
an IP on the subnet. Then, when they've timed out, it finally finds the
right host. Why it is going to external DNS servers when you've given it an
IP is beyond me, but there you have it. That's the bug. You can workaround
by diddling with the Netinfo utility but, yuk)
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com