Subject: [Leica] lens cap total trivia
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:41:45 -0500

I took yet another clue from the LUG and ordered two M rear lens caps, so I
could epoxy them into a double cap for handling convenience in my Domke 803.

My question.  After my gluing job, they go on the lens very tightly, each of
them.  And once they "engage", they turn hardly at all.  I was careful not
to get any glue on the business end of the caps and see no evidence of
irregularity.

Anyone have any actual experience with this, as to whether they will get
more normal with use, or do I just have a couple of caps made to very tight
specs?  Re-doing this will mean ordering more caps and going through the
glue thing again.

Thanks in advance....................Julian

Replies: Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: lens cap total trivia)