Subject: Re: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic
From: Mark Cohen <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:46:35 -0800 (PST)

Yup, Linux was the first Un*x like OS to hit the PC.. Though Im not sure
its going to "win". The current problem with linux is that there aren't
any distributions out there as good as the recent release of MacOSX. (BSD
UNIX)

Linux is great for people like me who are happy compiling your own code..
but for the average user that resembles DOS too much.. ;)

For any of you daring enough, Id recommend getting RedHat 7.2 and
installing it onto an empty partition on a PC (Dual Boot) and trying GIMP
(Graphical Image Manipulation Tool) its sortof a free Photoshop. :)

- -Mark