Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:08:43 -0800

It's not that simple. The issue of features being there for convenience
comes out of hard experience. We all know that leica does no make
changes on a whim, let alone in the face of changing photographer
habits.
In the days when these features where added, it was a heyday of
photojournalism with the LTM first and then the M in hand. When one is
under pressure, such as a very fast moving politician, or keeping up
with troops under fire, or loading while being pelted by demonstrators
or police, the only thing that keeps a photographer fast on his or her
feet is years of built up habit, and equipment that doesn't kink up.
 Slobodan Dimitrov