Subject: Re: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 02:48:02 -0000

Sonny Carter wrote:

> > > Sorry but I need to know.  What is the equivalent Intel Pentium 4
speed
> > of the:
> > >
> > > Mac 800MHz PowerPC G4
> > > Mac 933MHz PowerPC G4
> > > Mac Dual 1GHz PowerPC G4
>
> Let me throw my pennies in the pot.
>
> It doesn't matter.
>
> Photoshop works nearly identically on the two platforms.  We use PC here
in
> my small town for a major on-going scanning project simply because support
> is more readily available.
>
> PhotoShop don't care.  When the publishers get my files, they can't see
the
> difference.
>
> If you wanna have it out over the best platform for Photoshop then you are
> just wasting your time and our time.
>
> Go away with this false issue. PLEASE.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sonny
> (who has published MANY hundreds of  PS images)

Many thanks to all of you who shared your real world experience and assisted
me in determining how I spend my £3,000 in new equipment, and a new platform
(for me anyway).  Hey Sonny, make a note of the subject.  Then please feel
free to hit the delete key.

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic)
Message from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic)