Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Most portable Leica M outfit
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:39:18 -0500

The big downside on the T2 for me is that you can only get f2.8 as a maximum aperture if the camera is in program mode.  It just seemed a lot simpler to go for the manual system in the Rollei.  Also, since I have all of the features of the T2 in the TVS, the Rollei gave me something that the TVS didn't have.  On the other hand, I was giving up autofocus (and a rangefinder) and a nice built in flash.  On the other hand, I have no trouble guesstimating focus, particularly with
a widish angle lens (I grew up in the floorcovering business, so guessing distance is second nature to me), and I can mount almost any flash on the Rollei -- with some of them, it looks like the Rollei is mounted on the flash.

Mark