Subject: [Leica] Re: Spamming
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:43:30 -0600

Jeff:

>Looks like our LUG list has been plundered for email addresses as I have
>just received two emails to "Jeff le kiwi". I only use "Jeff le Kiwi" on
>the LUG.

I'd guess it might be the web archives more than anything.

I can no longer remember the link or the people who did the study, but
somebody in academia wanted to see how long it was before an email address
appearing on a web page got spammed.

6 hours.

I've changed my email so that practically everything is filtered into
various folders.  If an email remains in my inbox without being moved, odds
are pretty good it's spam.  Easiest way I've found to combat the problem.

Eric