Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: airport film check
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:32:41 -0800

Thank you.   I happen to have the best job I could have in government.   I
have  total independence from the bureaucrats and the policy makers except
in the matter of my budget.

The newspapers and TV stations would most likely come to my assistance if
the City Council tried to cut my budget.  The voters would then react.

I can go anywhere the money and risk of the city go.   I have the power of
subpoena and have, on one occasion, issued a subpoena to the City Manager
where access to records was being denied.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California