Subject: Re: [Leica] Alan's believe that we should forgive Nazis - has nothing to do with Leni per se
From: "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 06:36:56 +1100

Having read almost all there is on the life on Nelson Madela I discovered
the "power" of forgiveness, a far more powerful force than anger, hatred
etc.

Being an ex "white" South African, left in 84 (but having become a
naturalised Australian, they call it having the operation here - not sex
change, lobotomy), I still carry a very heavy heart for what went down in
South Africa,
that is why I appreciate how powerful forgiveness is.

If Mandela was not forgiving - there would be no South Africa right now - he
even invited one of his prsion wardens to his 80th birthday party - how
powerful is that?

Karina