Subject: Re: [Leica] airport film check
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 10:44:42 -0500

> Austin, its a simple matter really.  The security people have the guns, work
> by the hour, and have a whole lot of discretion.  Just ask my brother some
> time about life with El Al security and the charming day or so he had in a
> small room with the man using rubber gloves.
>
> Sure, you might win  in a court years later but life is too short to fight
> over nothing.  Just think what a hand inspection might entail.  Mr.
> Franklin, I want you to pull the leader out of each of these rolls about
> five feet to ascertain that it is really film...
>
> Don Dory
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

I was at the State Department last week and they would positivly would not
hand inspect. The camera bag had to go thru the scanner, which is set up
much higher than airport scanners, I had several rolls of Neopan 1600 in the
bag and after developing there is no fogging.

BTW, I had to have an escort with me at all times, even when going to the
restroom.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com> (Re: [Leica] airport film check)