Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-lens and lens bracket.
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 07:15:31 EST

henryting10@yahoo.com writes:

>  I still hold the belief that wildlife
>  photography can get astronomically expensive,
>  especially for non-pros like me. It's one discipline
>  that you really need the teles and the super-teles for
>  capturing the images we are after.

Henry:

For a long time I used the 280/4,8 Telyt with R-adapter. I found it to be an
excellent lens optically though a bit heavy and bulky. Also, of course,
aperture is pre-set. And with a 2X extender, you have a 560mm lens - with an
initial aperture of f/9!! not too cool. I don't do too much wildlife so sold
the 280. Now when I need the reach, I use a 180/2,8 Elmarit with which the 2X
extender creates a light, compact and very manageable 360/5,6 lens. Of
course, for a professional or if you're intending extreme enlargements, I
question whether the optical quality will match the longer prime lenses. But
I think it will satisfy most serious amateurs. Doug?

Seth           LaK 9