Subject: [Leica] airport film check
From: "Larry Fuller" <merryandbo@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:14:18 -0800

I flew Burbank to Cleveland about a month ago, and insisted on a hand
check. They were stalling and uncooperative, but I was two hours early
so I decided to demand a supervisor and stand there in the way until
they did. They made me stand on the 'circle' and do the whole 'routine'
(take off shoes, belt, sweater, etc.), and took their time, but I didn't
mind. I had a couple rolls of 200,  two of 400 and a couple 800. I told
them I was in no hurry and that I understood. I think that ticked them
off, as they were trying to make it so I would give in and not insist on
the hand check. I guess it depends on the mood of the inspectors and how
defiant you are willing to be.

Bo

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] airport film check)