Subject: [Leica] RE: Recommended reading
From: "Duane Birkey" <duanebirkey@andinanet.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:36:29 -0500

I recently read and highly recommend the book by Robert Capa, Slightly Out
of Focus.

The book apparently was meant as a screen play... so he may have embellished
it a bit....  But you can't help but smile through various sections of the
book as he details his adventures.  I was really impressed by his
determination to get where he wanted to be to cover the war.

The book also has a good number of his photos.  I got it through Amazon.com.

Duane (it is my real name) Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador