Subject: SV: [Leica] Hidden Feedback...was..Re: yaBe OT
From: "DUNCAN" <0709433420@euromail.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:54:32 +0100

Hi Nathan.

It is obvious that if someone is trying to hide their feedback they should
be
shunned by both buyers and sellers, since clearly they have something
unpleasant
in their record to hide. If someone still choses to deal with such people
then
they get what they deserve. The only exception would be that as a seller, I
might be willing to deal with such a person but only on the basis of
prepayment
in cash or by bank transfer.

Absolutely, but if the person wins your auction you haven't a lot of choice.
When they then don't make contact or refuse to pay, you're beggared mate!

How is it possible to bid without registering? Every time I look at an item
and
I am not signed in, ebay requires me to sign in before I can place a bid. I
did
not know that one could get around that requirement.

Don't really know, but if you look at your feedback section, you'll notice
that it will say something like 215 positives of which 200 are from
registered users still registered, or words to that effect...I've seen a lot
of buyers that have user IDs and feedback from several auctions, but they
are unregistered users. All very fishy if you ask me;-)

Personally, I would never deal with someone who is only willing to idenfiy
herself via a Hotmail or Yahoo nickname, unless I know that person from
prior
dealings.

No, but again, if you're the seller and this guy is the winning bidder, you
are obligated to deal with him. Only way to stop that is to cancel his bids
BEFORE the auction ends, not possible if he lets off his bid with 5 seconds
left of the auction..:-(

- -Duncan