Subject: Re: [Leica] Hidden Feedback...was..Re: yaBe OT
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:39:05 +0100

Duncan,

It is obvious that if someone is trying to hide their feedback they should be
shunned by both buyers and sellers, since clearly they have something unpleasant
in their record to hide. If someone still choses to deal with such people then
they get what they deserve. The only exception would be that as a seller, I
might be willing to deal with such a person but only on the basis of prepayment
in cash or by bank transfer.

How is it possible to bid without registering? Every time I look at an item and
I am not signed in, ebay requires me to sign in before I can place a bid. I did
not know that one could get around that requirement.

Personally, I would never deal with someone who is only willing to idenfiy
herself via a Hotmail or Yahoo nickname, unless I know that person from prior
dealings.

Nathan

DUNCAN wrote:

> The one thing I don't get with ebay is that they allow people to hide their
> feedback and make it not publically viewable. I'd never buy from someone
> with a hidden feedback, but it's darned irritating when the beggars snipe
> auctions that you have running.
> They also allow "non-registered bidders", which is quite beyond me. I had a
> bidder who one my auction, didn't make contact, ignored emails to his
> Hotmail account and I could look up his details because he was an
> "unregistered" bidder. I was seething by the time I'd beggared aound with
> that for days. To make things worse, you can't leave feedback for
> unregistered bidders, so I was unable to leave a comment to warn others.
> Kinda defeats the entire object of the ebay policy!! Could I do anything
> about it? Not a chance!! So effectively it's free forward for all those guys
> to bid, not pay and continue doing so without consequence.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch