Subject: Re: [Leica] HSS with M7 and Metz 54MZ3. First testing.
From: "Mikael v. Numers" <mnumers@abo.fi>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:51:02 +0200

The stroboscopic flash technique used in the M7 seems very similar to that used
in the Olympus´ OM-3 and OM-4. Olympus discontinued the OMs in about the same
time as the M7 was introduced. A coincidence or what?

I had, by the way, an opportunity to play with an M7 for a while last Saturday
here in Finland. Compared to my M3 its sound was very similar, maybe even a bit
more silent. The rangefinder patch was absolutely flare free.

In auto-mode the speed indication in the finder changed rapidly when panning
with the camera over an area with varying light. Very nice and impressive.
In situations with constantly changing light levels this must be a considerable
advantage.

Mikael v. Numers