Subject: [Leica] Re: Bessa T rangefinder / 50mm viewfinder compatibility
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 07:39:04 +0800

Grant,
I pulled out my Blue Bessa T with 50mm viewfinder on it and peered through
the rangefinder and then the viewfinder. In short, the rangefinder just
covers a small circle (about the field of a 135 lens) in the middle of the
viewfinder view  and cannot be used as a substitute for the viewfinder. You
will need to use a separate viewfinder - no doubt - to see the coverage of
a 50mm lens.  Maybe you should wait for a Bessa R2 if you want to buy a
Bessa with bayonet mount   and don't want to use a separate viewfinder.
Cheers
Howard.