Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW~matt kollasch
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:29:38 +1100

>can
>>  feel well... ah, these modern sedentary times...:-)  /matt<<<<
>
>hey you guys what's with this torture and sedentary times? Hell you're young
>bucks and a good work out in the gym shouldn't be torture, as it's suppose
>to make you feel better. Right? ;-)

yea right ;-)

>I mean after all, you could scare me off from starting a 3 month fitness
>programme I begin tomorrow morning at 7 am to bring this damn 72, nearly 73
>old body back up to speed. A sort of fitness thing to be used for other
>seniors who are still wired with life and not content to sit and die
>watching the idiot box.

Not saying its not a good idea, just that its torture ;-) I can't
imagine you wired to the idiot box -- I still remember your advise on
fitness -- walking prior to the olympics. All this chatter, when I
should be on the treadmill (or back out in the darkroom).

>With a personal trainer and my doctor in on the planning/results to see what
>can be achieved with an ancient body and how far it can be pulled back to
>better shape, This starts the first 3 months, followed with a 2nd 3 ending
>mid October.
>
>Heck by the time we are ready to rock and roll at the Leica Seminar I could
>be a 73 year old Adonis! ;-)

He had two eyes ;-)

I'm delighted you are going about this the right  way, and we all
await the results. I can report, that having a "trainer" come in once
a week has made all the difference for this "body", which previously
did not believe in exercise of any form/nature. I now find myself
wanting to break into a jog -- weird.

Keep well and keep us informed

Cheers
- --