Subject: Re: [Leica] Official soft release
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:40:33 EST

bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

> and seeing people
>  pay more for a Leica box than many people pay for a decent camera.

B.D., you know about the boxes, I'm sure. A dealer has a mint M3 to auction;
she pays $100. for an M3 box. Even though the numbers don't match, the
auction price for M3 with M3 box is going to be several hundred dollars more.
Is it sensible? Of course not. Would you do so? Of course not.

Would any sane person pay $12,000,000. for a 37 year-old Ferrari, not a
one-of-a-kind but of which 39 were built and still exist? Well, I wouldn't
want to call such a person insane, maybe a bit kookie, but several collectors
did just that.

The market is what the market is and there are some very silly people our
there creating the market.

Seth   LaK 9