Subject: [Leica] RE: HSS with M7 and Metz 54MZ3. First testing.
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 10:50:54 -0800

At 10:07 AM 3/7/2002 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:

>Note... Edgerton is the guy that used flash for photography for the first
>time in the 40's..... at MIT, and estblished the US company called EG+G.  He
>is the undisputed father of flash photography.

I took a self publishing class with Harold Edgerton's brother in 1990. He
chatted incessantly about Harold. You should read Harold's bio at:

http://www.edgerton.org/biography.html

since it extremely interesting and laid the foundation for many of the
photographic techniques that we take for granted today.

A great site and pointers to greater sites is at:

http://web.mit.edu/edgerton/main.html

Jim