Subject: SV: [Leica] STI picture up
From: "DUNCAN" <0709433420@euromail.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 23:11:18 +0100

Ted,
I don't think the folks at LUG & LEG have heard of an STI yet. We just
started it on MUG a couple of months back (1½ to be precise)
For those not on MUG, STI stands for SHARED THEME IMAGE. Those who
participate open a folder at www.leica-gallery.net entitled just that:
SHARED THEME IMAGE FOLDER under their names. Each month we then announce
(after democratically selecting) an new theme. Then, during that month we
all shoot a few shots with that theme in mind. As we upload new images into
the folder, we announce it to the group. This allows not only critique, but
for participants to see other's interpretation of the theme subject. It's a
fun project and seems to get folks motivated to go shoot. Cause whilst
they're out there they shoot lots of other stuff too.
We're actually about to launch a communal folder for each month, where
participants may upload there images, so everything's neat and tidy and at
one place for viewing and comparison. There'll also be a separate folder for
PAWS. This communal folder will actually mean that we don't have to announce
each and every image (PAW, STI etc..) individually. Folks that are
interested can just visit whenever they have time and leave their comments
under each image. The comments are then sent to only those that participate,
rather than the entire group:-) It works real well as you can upload your
images in seconds, right from your HD.
Anyways, that's what an STI is for those who were wondering and this month's
theme is "solitude". Sorry to burden you with another abbreviation, but as a
pilot you'll get little sympathy from me on that one;-)

All the best,

- -Duncan

We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/

I have posted my STI for "Solitude" at:

http://www.leica-gallery.net/tedbayer/folder-2646.html

This is one of my first B&W photos since getting the M3 - it is on T-Max
400 and is scanned from a print processed by the local photo shop and
automatically printed by their machine on color paper.  I was somewhat
pleased (surprised) at the result -- appears to have good tones, not
much grain.

I will also try using Tri-X, and am going to experiment with Kodak B&W
400 that is a C41 processed film (this film was recommended by a couple
of
the people on these lists).

If anyone has any experience with any of these films and automatic
processing, or comments or suggestions, I would welcome them.  I am
trying to settle on one camera, one lens, and one film.

Thanks,

Ted in Olalla