Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux 1 first handling on Chasseur d'Images website.
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:56:56 -0400

Pascal:

It is just a point and shoot.  Having a hot shoe is a tremendous step
forward for this type of camera.  The good old Vivitar 283 has probably
taken millions of well exposed photos for reporters across the world.

As for memory standards, there are no standards, it is always moving.  I
know they call it a reportage camera, but I doubt if they seriously expect
reporters to use it instead of a SLR digital with a MicroDrive.  It would
be like using a Minilux beside a guy using an EOS 1v or Canon F5.  The
storage available and available in the future will probably suit 99% of the
users.

Regards,

Robert