Subject: Re: [Leica] Removing Lens Coating
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 04:56:57 +0000

BTW: I've seen several types of coating damage.
The typical kind is damage through abrasion,
that's to say light cleaning marks. Then there's fungus damage.
But I've also seen coating that seems to be chemically damaged
other than by fungus. One of my favourite lenses (Steinheil
35 Auto Quinaron - Exakta) has spots on the front glass that
could only have ocurred through chemical action. So I'm still
convinced that a coating remover must exist!
Javier