Subject: RE: [Leica] Here is what it says....Part deux
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:01:26 -0500

As an example, there used to be a dealer in Toronto, Canada called Alt's
Camera.  They were at one time an official Leica dealer, but Kindermann
dumped them because they were simultaneaosly selling gray market at a
substantial price reduction.  Subsequently, when you bought a Leica at
Alt's, you were not offered a Leica warranty (as I was told by them), but
were offered an equivalent Alt's in-house warranty.  Even if the camera
came complete with official international warranty cards, what use would
they be?  Kindermann would ignore them if they saw that the name "Alt's"
appeared on the line asking for the name of the official dealer.  Perhaps
the Leica distributer in another country who never heard of Alt's, would
accept it as legitimate and be fooled into providing free service, but
that's not the issue here.

Dan C.

Message from John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com> (Re: [Leica] Here is what it says....Part deux)