Subject: Re: [Leica] noctilux versions
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:52:15

According to Erwin there is difference between new production and old. Due
to smaller tolerances in new production process and different lens coating,
the new one is better.  Although  I usually follow his recommendations, in
terms of Noctilux I decided, I will try new one vs old (first series). New
Noctilux give me a little to “harsh” images in the range of  apertures 5.6
to 11 (who uses the lens in that aperture anyway?). Then I decided on old
version. This is personal opinion, and I know other people like new
production look. But, everyone hates lens shade on new one.

Victor