Subject: Re: [Leica] 60/2.8 vs 100/2.8 R macro
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 22:57:39 +0100

Victor,

I have both of these. The 60mm Macro is an older design but wonderful
nonetheless. I use it as a normal lens on my Leicaflex SL, rarely for real
macro shots these days. The 100mm is an awesome lens, and a lot more
convenient than the 60mm for real macro work because you can work at a
greater distance. Both lense provide 1/2 magnification but can easily be
brought to 1:1 (I have the macro adaptor for the 60mm and the Elpro for the
100mm).

If you already have a normal lens and are looking for a lens dedicated to
macro work, then get the 100mm. If you are on a budget or want a shorter
lens to use as an all-rounder, then get the 60mm. Either way, you will not
be disappointed.

Nathan