Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 9 - skiing snapshots
From: "Douglas Herr" <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 04:38:41 +0800

> http://www.wajsman.com/2002_9.jpg
>
> The alternate is a landscape with a human element:
>
> http://www.wajsman.com/2002_9alt1.jpg
>
> Both shots taken with Leica M6, 50mm Summilux, on Kodachrome 64.

Nathan, I much prefer the alternate.  Nothing against your daughter but there's not enough light on her face IMHO.  In the alternate the people are small enough in the picture that they're more puctuation in the photo, rather than the main point of interest, so they can go dark without making me want to see them better.  In your main photo your daughter is clearly the center of interest with the mountains as a backdrop so the light on her needs to be brighter.

- --

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com