Subject: Re: [Leica] Simple camera recommendation for new users
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 09:01:51 -0600

> Adam Bridge wrote:
>
> "I have a nephew who would enjoy exploring black and white photography. He
> wants
> to spend $300-$400 for a camera.

Er.. seems like no one has suggested the obvious choice.  If he has that
much money, then  Leica IIIf with lens.

Then the kid will have an elegant camera that he can keep the rest of his
days.

Otherwise, I'd pass on old used Nikons, and get one of the new manual SLRs
with K-mount lenses.  Several choices, and with $400 he could have a nice
new kit with a couple lenses.

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com